Wednesday 12 January 2011

Progress Report - Naomi :)

Christmas Week:   
When I, Rabia and Ramita met in the holidays to discuss the narrative of our horror trailer, we went through several plots and tried arranging them by using ideas from each also thinking about the codes and conventions.  It was quite difficult to get a complete idea that involved a good build up and climax. We all had great ideas for the beginning and end other trailer but we needed to decide how this developed into a really ‘horrific’ psychological climax.

After a lot of discussion, Rabia came up with the idea of a letter where then me and Ramita added to the ‘riddle’ element which is then sent in a form of a letter.  From there we developed other narrative revolving around why this young girl decided to kill people which aided the psychological convention in the movie.
In my opinion, I think that from my own evaluation of myself, I contributed various ideas whereby as a group we could bring together into a full and clear narrative.

4th Jan:]
We all met in class in school ready with our presentation with lots of information on codes and conventions, mise en scene, film language and audience for our film trailer. We modified our presentation by making it more interactive with more video, les writing and more pictures so we could attract our key audience in front of us. We also organised who is presenting each slide with a little rehearsal.

Evaluation of Presentation: 
I think that all three of us presented very well in the way we addressed to our target audience in front of us. We all knew what we were saying and presented in a confident way without reading off the board. Clear points such as narrative and research were clearly and constructively spoken about to ensure that our audience understood our main aim.

Personally, my own presentation skills by interacting and looking at the audience was good however I think that I’ll create key points for me to follow to keep it short and informative.

Overall, we each contributed equally through the planning and presentation which enabled us to have a complete structured and detailed narrative that is doable.

No comments:

Post a Comment